Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dak galbi



I carefully entered into this restaurant for lunch – I believe that it is referred 
to as Dak galbi?

What is Dak galbi?

I can only tell you that it was a pile of white cabbage...
with something else in...

I did not know what it actually was until we returned back to Phuket - this is a description from www.ask.com


South Korean dish generally made by stir-fryingmarinated diced chicken in a gochujang (chili pepper paste) based sauce, and sliced cabbage, sweet potato, scallionsonions and tteok (rice cake) together on a hot plate. It is a local specialty food for the city ofChuncheonGangwon Province, where dak galbioriginates. Because of its origin, the dish is also calledChuncheon dak galbi.


This was not a dish that I found tasty but very bland and so did not each much - I looked at the bits to add to the pile of white cabbage - I think that there might have been onion BUT sweet potatoes and a rice cake?





I would never choose this dish again BUT Jemma did like the seaweed.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment